Saturday 17 March 2007

A Plea to CBS

By and large, the games were pretty dull. Sure, we had a couple more close games than yesterday, but the action wasn't all that enthralling. So I won't even bother going over everything.

Instead, my unheard plea to CBS. Heck, I'm pretty sure that when I say this I'll be speaking for practically everyone.

The announcing duo of Bill Raftery and Verne Lundquist is infinitely better than the Jim Nantz/Billy Packer combo... so why aren't they the #1 team? Why will we have to suffer through another Title game with Nantz and Packer when there's a much better duo out there?

Seriously, do you know one person who prefer Packer and Nantz? Me neither. They're boring, they're aggravating, and they're full of hyperbole (well, Nantz is at least). Verne Lundquist and Bill Raftery are entertaining, funny, and Bill has better insight than Packer.

Here's that the resident announcing expert, Awful Announcing had to say about the day:

Lundquist-Raftery: I thought I had hyped them up too much before the tournament but they were head and shoulders above the rest.

Billy.....Bill Packer......Seriously, just get one thing right in your life please. I'm begging you for your own sake. It's going to get ugly soon....I promise.

Please CBS, I beg of you... if practically everyone prefers Raftery/Lundquist, can they all be wrong?

And don't get me wrong, I know the change would never be made... but I just cringe everytime I find out Nantz/Packer is calling a game that I want to watch. Your thoughts?