Sunday 3 June 2007

NBA Finals Predictions

First off, let me say that I think San Antonio is much better than anyone from the East. By the same token, I would say Dallas, Phoenix, and Utah were all better than any team from the East. But that doesn't mean this thing won't be competitive.

The reason I think this will be competitive is the same reason I was glad the Cavs won the last series, and that should be pretty obvious... LeBron James. He is simply the best, most dominating player in this series. As he showed in Game 5 against Detroit, he can win games by himself, something I don't think Detroit had.

Unfortunately, the Spurs have the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th best players in this series, as well as a much better coach and a more versatile team. They're also better defensively and more efficient offensively. The Spurs have every single edge in this series except one... they don't have LeBron James.

So how many wins is LeBron James good for? Well, if Daniel Gibson plays like he did in Game 6, maybe 4. But I don't think that will happen. I think James will be fantastic throughout, and that should be good for a couple of wins. Beyond that, I really just think the Spurs are too good. Too good defensively, too efficient offensively, too well-coached, and too experienced led by Tim Duncan. All in all, I'll take the SPURS IN 6.

What are your thoughts?