Sunday 29 April 2007

NFL Draft Final Thoughts

All (or at least some) of my thoughts:

- Like everyone else, the pick of Ted Ginn by the Dolphins at #9 was a bit perplexing. Brady Quinn's a pretty darn good QB prospect, and that's one thing they needed. Instead, they passed on him to get a great punt returner and slightly above average WR. I really do like Ginn, and the fact that they got John Beck in round 2 softens the suckiness of the pick some, but unless Cam Cameron knows something we don't, this was just perplexing.

- That first round was looooooooong. Do they really need 15 minutes between each pick? Really? Even reducing it to 12 minutes would help.

- Keyshawn Johnson on Adrian Peterson: "His character is extremely well." I have found out that I really dislike Keyshawn no matter what he's doing.

- Speaking of Peterson, got to take a look at the Vikings draft. I really, really liked it, just like Ragnarok, and the Norseman.. Adrian Peterson is a great pick in round 1... they went BPA instead of just drafting for need, and I couldn't be happier. In subsequent rounds they filled needs with guys with tremendous upside, such as with Sidney Rice and Marcus McCauley. I love it.

- The Lions might suck again, but with Mike Martz calling plays for an offense featuring Roy Williams, Calvin Johnson, and Mike Furrey at WR, they should be fun to watch.

- There was some thought that the Saints shouldn't have taken Meachem because they have other needs, but I liked the pick. I've said before I think Meachem is the 3rd best WR in the draft, so I think nabbing him at 30 makes the Saints offense just that much more potent.

- For the record, my QB rankings: JaMarcus Russell, Brady Quinn, John Beck, Trent Edwards, Drew Stanton.

What did you think about the Draft? What stuck out to you?